UA-45446743-1

Friday, October 17, 2008

Update on Gus


Gus was rescued from a Lancaster, PA puppymill at the end of June,2008. He was just recently adopted by my wonderful neighbors and their children right here in York, PA. Below is a recent email that Maureen (Gus' new forever mom) sent to me on his progress. These mill dogs are certainly special creatures! It is hard to believe that they bring so much joy to one's life after all that they have been put through.

-- Tiffany,


I just wanted to write you a quick email to thank you for everything with Gus. He’s such a wonderful dog. When we saw you and Ron with him, Odie and Lelo, we were convinced that what we wanted was a puppy, but after meeting Gus, we fell in love with him and we knew he was the right dog for our family, and after seeing how much work a puppy is, we now know that isn’t what we wanted.

He hasn’t gone to the bathroom once in our house – in fact, he has this little dance that he does to let us know that he needs to go outside. I’ve returned a few times and his poochie pad has been wet, but every time it’s happened it’s because he wouldn’t go before I left, so I now know that he needs at least 15 minutes before I leave to go pee outside.

As I’ve figured, his favorite spot in the house is right next to the sliding glass door to the patio, right next to me while I work. He’s extremely obedient and a very fast learner. He’s learned to walk on heel and sits and stays for his food. He’s also learned “the point” (to go in the direction that I point to), “the dance” (getting up on his hind legs when I hold out my hands), “walk” (walking backwards on his hind legs), and “sleeping in his house” (going to his cage for bedtime). We are working on “down.”


-- Maureen