UA-45446743-1

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Marti's Portrait



In our recent raffle, one of the prizes was a custom portrait of the winner's dog by artist Heather LeMay. Debbie Philpott was the winner, and chose to have a painting done of her Boston Marti. You can see all of Heather's beautiful work, which features animals, at her site and Etsy store, Kay Ann Works. Heather is also the owner of a beautiful Boston named Kayti. Doesn't Marti look absolutely beautiful?

On February 2, 2009, Marti, age 16, crossed the rainbow bridge. Here's what Debbie writes about her:

"Yesterday I helped my beloved little girl to the bridge. Marti captured my heart when I met her at 12 weeks age and has been with me nearly 17 years. The depth and breath of her impact on my life is astonishing. Marti has taught me so much about life and patience and what is truly important and taken me down so many paths I would have never traveled had it not been for her. She slowed down some the last couple of years and was always a quiet, polite girl, but the silence in my house is deafening. My sister and I spent the day with her, doing Marti things, and telling her how much we love her. I thank God for helping me realize that it was time and to give me the strength yesterday to do what I needed to do. I could not have done this on my own. "

No comments: