UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WAGS

A continuing feature with brief reviews of books, internet resources, etc for our readers; note that prices quoted are based on book cover or Amazon.


What’s Wrong With My Dog, by Jack Tedaldi, DVM, $12.99
One of the most easy to use and helpful vet books I have seen for the typical dog owner. Breaks problems down into 18 major categories, such as My Dog Is Having Eating and Drinking Problems or My Dog Has a Discharge, and then further categories with 150 different symptoms in different places, e.g. My Dog Is Drooling Excessively or My Dog Has a Discharge From His Ear. Includes simple instructions for examinations for different problems, what to do, simple observations you can make, when to call the vet; even includes a list of what you should have in your dog’s first aid kit. Rather than scare you, it helps you and your dog. So impressed that I bought it! If it saves you even one trip to the vet, it’s paid for itself several times over.


You Had Me At Woof, by Julie Klam, $24.95
This is one of the f
unniest, yet poignant, dog/human books there is. A true story of how a single woman, living in NYC on her own, evolves into a Boston Terrier owner and rescuer, with a canine/human family that are an integral part of her life and rescue activities. You’ll see Julie grow as a person, learn a lot about life, and turn into a mature adult, all with a great sense of humor. I love this book, reread chapters because I enjoy it so much, a must read for dog lovers. And yes, it’s become a permanent part of my library!




The Pet Web Library
Good information site about diseases, treatments, pet health problems, etc. Does not plug products or have advertising so you don’t need to filter through a lot of stuff to get the information you need.

No comments: