UA-45446743-1

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Little Girl

In response to the sad loss of Little Girl, Linda Antonelli, her foster mom, received requests for the history of her foster. Says foster angel Linda: "Little Girl was blind & deaf. She was 13 lbs. with a pot belly and from research Robin and I did, we believe she had cushings disease. She was dumped in the woods out east and a couple walking by brought her to the Brookhaven shelter. Meredith Festa got the first call and the next day (12/14) she brought her here. We knew she had very little social skills, she was old and neglected, and even my vet said just let her be. She yapped in the kitchen while I cooked for my dogs, and ate with gusto. I taught her how to navigate our room, down the hall and into the kitchen to the water bowl. Her sense of smell was very keen. I slept with her under my arm so she would be safe. She basked in the sun outside and required very little else from me. Last night while on my computer, I heard a thump and she fell off her cushion that was on the floor. I picked her up and all the life drained out of her. It amazes me how someone could dump any dog in the woods, and especially Little Girl. Shame on them. They didn't realize that God was watching them... I gave her 3 good months of love and safety. Even my dogs took care of her. I know she was comforted that we loved her and that's why she waited to die in my arms. Her last hug and kiss. She definitely had a place in my heart. Thanks for all the posts. You are all good friends."
Thanks, Linda, for the history of Little Girl and, most of all, the big heart that took her in, giving her the love and care to her final rest.

1 comment:

Mzappulla said...

I remember when Linda took her in. I had arrived to pick up Tuxedo to take him to his forever home with us and saw this sweet little thing. Of course Linda always works her magic. Thank you Linda and Meredith for always giving those less fortunate a chance or at least a place to be loved in the end.