UA-45446743-1

Friday, May 11, 2012

Update on Baby


Wendy Conway, his foster mom, writes,"I just wanted to copy you on the nicest email that I got from Tim Rehwaldt. He and Baby have just fallen in love with each other. What a rewarding experience it has been fostering Baby and adopting him out to Tim. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful organization."

This is just after our walk. He likes to play right after our walk, and then he gets sleepy. He really liked taking walks in the country, where he could drink from the stream. I have a little basketball up there that he can't hold onto, so we play soccer with it, like I used ro do with Buzzy. He just loves it. He was so tired after about a half hour of that he took a two hour nap. Tomorrow were going to go to the doggie day care down the street, where he can stay for a few hours while I'm at class. We're also going to the dog run a little bit later in the morning so he'll have a chance to do a bit of socializing. He's very much a routine kind of guy, as am I.. Every morning at about four o'clock he digs his way under the covers. I get up at five most mornings and he just stays under the covers while I read and have coffee, until about seven. And then we go for our first big walk. The best part of the day is when he sits on my lap on the balcony around six pm, when we watch everyone come home from work. A number of people have stopped to take a picture. He must already know half of the people on our block. Last week we were sitting on the stoop for a change at about the same time when a woman pulled up and said, "I was hoping I'd find you here. I saw you yesterday at about this time." Then she reached in her bag and said, to Baby, "I have something for you," and gave him a great big homemade treat. So he has certainly become the star attraction on our block. Meanwhile, Eric and Sean keep calling to see if Baby is available for a play date. Baby is so lovable, he just might be the answer to world peace. Perhaps we'll take a field trip to the UN one day! And there you have it, the Baby news for the day. I hope you and your guys are well, too. Hope to hear from you soon. Tim

No comments: