UA-45446743-1

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Flo Update






Hi everyone,

Flo is doing wonderful.
She has mapped out the backyard and navigates her way around very well! We even have a raised patio that drops over 6 inches and she know just where it is and when to step down. She sleeps mostly and seems very calm.

I am treating her for a very nasty ear infection in both ears and the vet says once it clears, she may recover some hearing. Her right ear is deformed now, most likely from her scratching at the infection and the
injury not being treated. Poor Flo. The good news is that her blindness is caused by cataracts which can be
removed giving her some vision!

Vivienne and Chester mostly leave her alone and she just cruises around at her own speed. The vet thinks she may be much younger than she seems. I would've sworn she was at least 12 but she has likely had a very hard life. Her teeth are worn down, her coat is so dull, she has some fatty masses and her heart rate is irregular.

One suprising thing about Flo is that she is a picky eater! She has repeatedly rejected the raw meat I feed my pups and also Orijen. She did however scarf down the chicken I cooked for her as well as cooked hamburger meat!

For now, Flo seems to be happy just being comfortable. She seems to know when we are there and will lie next to us. She's super sweet and I am doing my best to figure out ways to bond with her that transcend the fact that she can't see or hear me.

No comments: