UA-45446743-1

Thursday, February 28, 2013

New Foster Bella Boo






Hi everyone!!! I'm fostering a puppy mill girl from Indiana. I named her Bella Boo!!!

She came from a puppy mill in Indiana with foster Penny Lane. She is around 6 to 7 years young and in got a clean bill of health from my vet.

She is a love bug and a beautiful soul. She gets along well with my two dogs and met my rabbit today and is very good with her as well.She has the most soulful eyes!!!  She is the sweetest being and is such a good girl.  She doesn't mess up her crate, she's a cuddle bunny, she's very respectful, and goes potty outside with my other two dogs!!!

She was terrified on day 1 and was in bad shape. Day 3, she is more relaxed. She is a total love bug!!!
She is well mannered, goes potty outside with my other two dogs, and crate trained. She keeps her crate spotless. No anxiety or separation issues. She's good on a leash on our walks. Ignores other dogs and people if they walk by her. She met two preschoolers on our walk and she was very gentle with them and gave them little kisses. The kids loved her!!

As with all puppy mill dogs, she doesn't know how to play yet, what a toy is, etc.... I've only had her for a week and a half and she is slowly venturing out of her crate when I call her...yes, she knows her name. Miss Bella Boo is a smart cookie.

The only thing I see that she needs work on is getting her comfortable with the rest of my home. I'm using a leash so she can be with me when I move around the house and provolone cheese as a reward. I'm giving myself another three weeks and hopefully she will be ready by then.

She will make someone very happy...
Thanks,
Patti


Just look at the difference after three days in Patti's care!  Thank you so much for opening your heart and home to her!

UPDATE:

 We went on our first walk on Sunday along with my Boxer, Jess.  She did very well on the walk.  This morning we went for another walk and she was a natural...like she's been doing it for all her life.  We met up with two preschoolers with their mom and she was very gentle with them.  Gave them little kisses and they loved Bella Boo.

She is potty trained to go outside with my other two dogs and I can see that she is much more relaxed with going out in the yard with them.  So far the only thing that is going slow, is that she still views her crate as the "safe zone".  Each day I am taking her on the leash to explore another part of my home, but she's not thrilled with doing that....so I'm not forcing her.

She will make someone a great family member!!!
:)
Patti Maddamma

No comments: