UA-45446743-1

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Raelynn Runs a Marathon


Hi everyone,

My name is Raelynn and I'm a new volunteer. I decided to join after I fell in love with and eventually adopted Bea. Bea came into my life after I lost my Boston/Pug mix, Sophie, to a brain tumor in December. She was amazing and taught me so much that I hope to pass on to little Beabea.

On April 28th, I will be running my first half marathon (13.1 miles) in order to raise money for the National Canine Cancer Foundation in Sophie's memory. The following week, I will be running The Broad Street Run (10 miles) to continue raising money. I have two friends running with me and we hope to raise $5,000. As of this afternoon, we have raised $1,295. Please consider a donation and know that 100% of the proceeds are going to NCCF.  You can read more about us and donate at this site: http://www.wearethecure.org/friends/sophiesfight

During Sophie's battle, I chronicled everything we were going through in order to update anyone I knew who was asking, but more importantly, for anyone like myself who felt alone and was going through this horrible disease with their best friend. A link to my blog can be found on the donation page if you are interested in reading or care to pass it on to anyone who may need it.


Thank you for your time!
Raelynn Zappulla

No comments: