UA-45446743-1

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sherry Update












Hi everyone!

Sherry has been my foster for just over a week now and she's doing great! She went to the vet and she tested negative for everything so she's a very healthy pup! The vet couldn't believe she was 7... Thought she was younger with her spunky loving personality (and her PERFECT teeth!) she did get some medicine for her left ear since its been bothering her a bit and she has a few calluses on her legs from what the vet thinks is from laying on a hard surface for many years but they don't seem to bother her at all.

She weighs in at 22 pounds. I honestly think she was heavier when I first got her but after our numerous daily walks and no more table scraps she's feeling much better and energetic! She had her first bath and didn't mind at all! She actually just sat down in the water! The gates have been moved upstairs in the kitchen so she looks into the living room and my two resident dogs and her are slowly getting to know each other. Sherry was labeled to not like other dogs and she was never socialized but she's doing remarkably well! I've walked her with both of mine and other than the initial sniffing she wasn't very interested.

She seems to get along great with my ten year old toy fox terrier. They've gone on many walks together and have been in the backyard together and sherry tries to play with him :) it's the cutest thing but Juno (my ten year old dog) is kind of a loner and doesn't play. Smalls (my Boston) is a lot like Sherry in that he gets nervous around some other dogs so those two will take a lot longer to be fully introduced but I have faith that Sherry and Smalls will do great :) she's completely uninterested in him sitting on the other side of the gate nose to nose with each other. I've attached a few pictures of them on their walk together and of her and Juno in the backyard :)

Additionally, Sherry is super smart and still sweet as ever! She listens very well and sits, lays, comes, and stays when commanded. She prefers to be with her humans all the time. Follows me around and just wants to be right next to you all the time. Such a lover. I'll keep you all updated on her status and enjoy her attached pictures!!

Shawna Merrritt

Shawna,
Thank you so much for the great photos  and for sharing your home and love with Sherry.
She looks very happy.




No comments: