UA-45446743-1

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sweetie is Adopted

sweetie
Sweetie is putting in her final day at work. She is retiring and will be moving up to Woodstock NY on Saturday with Gordon and Kit Taylor.  We will miss her but she will get to be the only princess in the house which should please immensely
sweetiehome

Sweetie, the little girl who was left in the trailer in York, PA went to her new home today in the Catskills. Kit and Gordon lost their dog, Lucky, in June. Lucky was Elly Monfett's foster and when she passed, they contacted Elly to see if they could adopt another dog. Kit told me that Gordon just wasn't the same without a dog in the house. Elly thought of Sweetie and everything fell into place. Kit and Gordon waited patiently for Sweetie's spay and recovery time. She was in heat when Lisa Vaughan picked her up so her spay had to be delayed for 6 weeks.

Well, today was the big day. She seemed very comfortable checking out her new surroundings with Carson, her new dog walker and friend, while we completed paperwork. They had dog beds throughout the house waiting for her. It looked like they were dying to grant her every wish. I have no doubt she will be one pampered princess.

Sweetie does not like other dogs ( polite way of saying she hates them). She will be living in a 200 year old house on 30 acres with no other dogs in sight. It could not be more perfect! In fact, I think my husband would have liked it if I left him there too.
Thanks Elly, for thinking of Sweetie. It's all uphill for her now. I thought I would cry when I left her, but I was too happy for her.
Beth McFadden

Thank you so much, Beth, for taking such good care of her and for finding her the perfect forever home!

No comments: