UA-45446743-1

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Home for the Holidays - REMY






Hi I'm Remy (a/k/a MissRemy, Remy Rue & Rue Rue);
I'm a very sweet 10 years young female Boston Terrier. I came to NEBTR from an owner who could no longer take care of me. I have been in foster care on Long Island since June 2014. I am fully house trained and crate trained but my foster parents now let me sleep in bed with them and I LOVE it. I eat a combination of Natural Balance dog food and a home cooked chicken and veggie diet 2x per day becauseI was thin when I got here. My coat is now gleaming and I went from 12.3 lbs. to 15.8 lbs. in just four months. I love my fuller figure if I do say so myself.
In foster care, I live with two male Boston Terriers and two female cats. I tolerate them but it took me a while to get used to them since I’ve never lived with furry friends before and prefer my people most of all. When my foster mom saw that one of my eyes became cloudy, she took me to an ophthalmologist. It was determined that I had detached lenses in both eyes. It's all good and controlled now but I need eye medication 3x per day for the rest of mylife. I'm very good about getting my meds and best of all I get treats when I'm done...yum yum! Although I'd like to run wild like a typical Boston Terrier, I need controlled and safe play time so my lenses don't move around.
Because of this I would be best suited with a passive resident dog/cat that wants a companion rather than a playmate. I want so much to play fetch with my toys, and I can still do that, it just has to be in a safe environment so I don't bang into things and cause more damage to my eyes. I am also learning that it is fun to chew on my toys or a cow hoof to pass the time. Due to my vision impairment a quiet child free household without a lot of activity is best for me. I do have a fenced in yard but I also LOVE to go for walks and car rides too. Most important, I want to find that special someone who will spend a lot of quality time with me, love me and take care of my eyes and at the end of the day, I'd love to just hang out on the couch with you under a nice cozy blanket and watch your favorite shows. Good things come to those who wait....shall I pack my bags? Remy is currently being fostered in Smithtown, NY and her adoption fee will be $100.00. We require an application, phone interview and home check. To see our application process before applying, please visit, www.nebostonrescue.com

No comments: