UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

New Fosters Pepper and Chili



I picked up the BT and min pin who has been living in a Camden basement this afternoon. Both dogs have been fed BREAD during their lives and no vetting care. Both dogs had extremely dry and coarse skin with lots of big flakes of dandruff.

As soon as I got them home I gave them each a bath. They were wonderful for their bath. Both dogs give lots of kisses and love. We named the Boston Pepper and the min pin Chili.

Pepper did not want to eat her dry kibble for dinner tonight, however she did take treats from us. We're going to add some beef broth to see if she will like it better. Chili ate 1/2 of her kibble and some treats. They have both been placed in our "foster room" and have been very quiet and well behaved. They are said to be about 5 years old. T

hey will be going to our vet this week for a full check. Both dogs nails are so long that they are curled under to the pads of their feet. I attempted to cut Pepper's nails however they are so long that I'm having a hard time with it so I'm just going to let the vet do it.

Other than that, they are extremely well behaved and loving dogs. So far, they do not appear to be bonded. I had Pepper in the living room with me for about an hour and Chili did not make a peep. We will continue to assess. These dogs had absolutely nothing, so I will be putting together a wish list for some essentials for them. More updates as I continue to learn about them!

Amanda Unger

Amanda and everyone involved in the rescue of Chili and Pepper....Thank you,thank you,thank you!!! These poor babies are now safe and sound. I don't know the full story about them, all I know is they lived in a cold unfinished basement and hardly had any human interaction. You and everyone involved are their angels.
They are both safe and free to know what love is. Bless their little hearts.It's times such as this that I love dogs much more than I like people.Bless you all....  -- Joyce

They are both so sweet looking and deserve the best.  Thank you for starting the best part their lives! -Loretta


No comments: