UA-45446743-1

Monday, September 28, 2015

Hercules is Thrilled





Hercules is thrilled, says it's like an early Hanukkah: gifts arriving every day!
Auntie Linda Marowitz and her Papillon rescue, Hogan, sent Hercules a new collar, leash, and harness in bright cheerful colors.  He's so excited to have new accessories.  He'll have to wait a bit before he wears the collar until his neck heals some more, but wanted to model all his new things.
Licks and Biscuits to Linda and Hogan xoxoxo

Hercules wrote his own note to us:

Hi, Hercules here!  Life is so exciting, more presents!  Mom got in the spirit of gift giving so I got two new T-shirts to keep me comfortable indoors when it cools down, she said it was a good deal, half price at Petco; I need the additional covering cause there's not much hair left, Mom says it's a side effect of the Cushing's disease.  She got me an ID tag too, with our names and phone numbers, also tells people I am deaf.  And she sent in the application to the AKC to have my microchip ownership transferred to NEBTR and her, she's not taking any chances in case I ever get out: I told her I don't want to go back to where I was before, life is so much better here, she's not taking any chances.

Saw some people today who met me when I first arrived: they said I looked so much happier and healthier, my whole attitude is changed and I actually prance when we walk.  To build up some muscle, Mom walks me three or four miles every day, starting after my breakfast, when we do two miles, followed by shorter walks throughout the day.  We walk in the nature preserve cause the sand is nice and soft, but Mom says we do have to watch out for the ticks.


Monday I'm going to spend the day at my vet, more tests to see if my medication is the right dose, Mom wants me to be healthy.


Mom has started calling me Herschel, after the famous brother and sister astronomers William and Caroline; she says I'm too gentle and peaceful for a name like Hercules.  Doesn't really matter, I can't hear her anyway...


Well, that's all for now, but I'll update you when my tests come back.


Jeanne Dross aka Rosie's mom, mother of forever Abigail and foster Hercules/Herschel



Jeanne Dross aka Rosie's mom, mother of forever Abigail and foster Hercules

What a nice update Jeanne.
I am sure he is feeling peaceful, happy and loved.
Wonderful,
Victoria


No comments: