UA-45446743-1

Friday, November 20, 2015

Herschel is at Peace With His Foster Mom



Herschel is resting peacefully in his new self-heating bed.  Forever Abigail liked it so much I returned to Marshall's to buy another one, otherwise she would have appropriated it for herself.  Today is not a good day for my guy, trouble standing and walking, and for the last few days I've had to assist him in navigating steps. But as long as he is near me, he is content, so I move his bed from room to room with me to keep him at peace.

As a foster mom, this has been an emotional roller coaster.  I never envisioned myself taking in a terminally ill, neglected dog, but in many ways, it has been so rewarding to extend love, care, and compassion to a sweet, gentle, old guy who needs and appreciates it.  His prior life may not have been the best, but I want to make his remaining days as comfortable as can be and, when the time comes, be with him when he makes his final peace.

Jeanne Dross aka Rosie's mom, mother of Abigail and forever foster Herschel




Thank you Jeanne for taking such good care of this gentle, gentleman Herschel



His bed looks nice and comfy, Hersh with his spiffy sweater on and that very nice blanket. The rest of his days certainly will be good ones filled with good food, a warm bed, a gentle snuggle...and most importantly lots of love!



Joyce



Jeanne, this little boy couldn't be more blessed than he is to be with you for whatever time he has left.  Thank you.
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your doing for him. Brings back some memories for me.

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your doing for him. Brings back some memories for me.