UA-45446743-1

Saturday, November 21, 2015

In Memory of Herschel




Herschel (Hercules) took his final journey this morning.  I had hoped to have Herschel with me for a few more months, but the disease progressed so rapidly that he could no longer stand, eat, or control his bowel movements and began to moan in pain.  He died peacefully in my arms, with my vet assisting him.

Herschel was the most gentle, sweet dog I have ever met, he did not get the love and care he needed and deserved, but at least he had a few happy months with Abigail and me, thanks to the caring members of NEBTR.  Thank you for sending him to me and letting him have a few months of happiness and the ability to die easily, knowing he was loved.

Sometimes you choose the dog, but Herschel chose me and I am grateful for his love.

Jeanne Dross aka Rosie's mom, mother of Abigail




I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Herschel.  I'm sure he never felt more loved and cared for than the time he had with you.  Thank you for being there for him.

RIP sweet boy. - Leslie



I am crying with you.
Thank you for caring for Herschel with such open and loving arms. I know it was not easy.
You were the best thing that ever happened to him!
Maxy will take care of him I promise. - Jerrilyn



Oh.....my heart breaks ...so sad for this situation but I hope you know what an angel you are ... He left knowing the touch of a soft hand and the warmth of your heart, God Bless 
Jennifer 

I am so very sorry for your loss.  These pups come into our lives and touch us in a way that only an animal lover knows.  I think we are the ones who are truly blessed because they love us unconditionally despite what they have been through, some much worse than others.  Thank you for loving him and taking care of him and know that those are the last memories he had and took with him.  Bless your heart Hercules! - Linda V
 
 

No comments: