UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Lilly Chronicles - Part 1

Note: Lilly was recently rescued by Tammy from a life at a puppy mill. Here's Tammy's story about Lilly:

I am going to try to give weekly (blog) updates on Lilly, our recently rescued mill mama. I think it will be interesting to the group on her progress. One of the reasons I think I will do this is because Lilly is not quite like the other mill dogs we have fostered. She is somewhat different.

And although she has similar characteristics, there are some noticeable differences.

Mill Dog...no name

Day one.
Met Jodi to pick up Mill dog. The dog smells from all the urine that is stuck on her fur.

We arrive home.
Holli (my Daughter) immediately decides on a name. Lilly has been chosen.
As soon as my daughter speaks the name..Lilly's ears perk up and looks directly at Holli. We have a crate for her..but it seems like this is torment for her
so we get rid of that and bring up a Gorilla cage. More room and with a big fluffy blanket..Lilly looks at us like...WOW!
She eats and drinks. She looks at all the dogs roaming around the living room. Not sure what to make of them.
Trying to get her to go out...
Now she is very very scared. Huddles in the corner of cage and shakes. She takes to my Husband who crawls in the cage at her level.

Once outside, very hard to get her to come to us and to come in. My husband has had to chase after her and catch her.

Everyone goes to bed.
Lilly sleeps all night long...but wait...she barks..what a cute
little voice. My Husband got up to let the others out in the middle of the night
and she barked at him..cool.
After assuring her its okay, she goes back to sleep.
Next update soon..

--Tammy

No comments: