UA-45446743-1

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Her Name Will Be Daphne

Well I finally had a chance to meet Jodi and bring home my beautiful new mill survivor. My husband and I are having a hard time agreeing on a name for her, but I am going to call her Daphne. She is definitely not a full Boston though as she is all black with some white on her chest. She looks like the sweetest little thing. When we brought her home, she finally settled in, and was roaming my kitchen. She has been out of her crate sniffing around for the past hour, and she even ate! She shows much interest in my dogs as she was sniffing them through the baby gate. She is very skittish and scared, but I have a crate with a bed and a blanket over it for her to go in and out of for her comfort. She seems very comfortable in there as she is laying in there now. She makes eye contact with me and will even sniff my hand before I go to pet her. She definitely seems curious...poor thing just breaks my heart. I have her first vet appointment scheduled for tomorrow evening so hopefully things will be okay there. She looks in good shape. Her fur is nice and thick, but her nails need a good trim and her posterior teeth are not the greatest. I will let you know more when I do. For now, I will let her get some much needed rest and hopefully she will be more at home soon. I will post pics soon.

--Tiffany

No comments: