UA-45446743-1

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew Recipe

Here is my recipe;

6 large boneless chicken breast
1/4 cup chopped raw carrots
1/4 cup frozen peas
1 celery stalk chopped up small
1/2 cup uncooked brown rice ( you may also buy the steamed ready made )
1 tablespoon chopped parsley ( uncooked )
1 small yam or sweet potato ( with the skin ) ( chopped up in small
pieces )

Cook brown rice separate.
Cook chicken breasts until it comes to a boil and skim off any fat on
the top. Add in with the chicken, the carrots, peas, celery, sweet
potato & parsley and let it come to a boil again. When it comes to a
boil turn it on low and let it simmer for an hour.

When finished take a bowl and put in the rice, then take out the
chicken and chop up in small pieces or shred it ( if you have a
chopper it can come in handy here ) and mix it in to the rice evenly ,
you may add some broth that you cooked the chicken in to have it mix
easier ( I always add in about 1 cup of the broth but don't make it to
watery ). Then scoop out all the veggies in the pot and mix it in the
bowl. . I then portion it out into 8 plastic containers ( I used the
size that a can of dog food would be ( about 13 ounces each portion ).
I then refrigerate it because the food contains no salt. Each
container has 2 meals in it. This last my 2 BT's 4 days but you can
make a whole bunch and freeze it as well.

I use the leftover broth for soup stock or you can save it to put a
little on your dogs kibble to. Or once in a while I boil some noodles
and have soup myself LOL !! It's really good.

Once or twice a week I also make my bostons a couple of eggs in a pan
but their favorite is the wild alaskan sockeye salmon I make for them
once a week that I bake and then mix it with brown rice. Since I don't
do the doggie vitamins I make sure that they have kibble on the side
that they pick at throughout the day by merrick because it's organic
and has all the vitamins in there that the food I make might not have.

Hope you like this recipe

-- Evon Pet

No comments: