UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Emma Goes to the Rainbow Bridge


In 2004, Lora Myers adopted Emma from NEBTR.

Shortly after, Lora reported that Emma had passed her dog therapy test:

"Emma passed her therapy dog certification test. What a nice little girl she is!!

We went to a Greyhound celebration day and the place was packed with the long nosed beasts!! We got out of the truck to a swarm of yelping snarling Greyhounds bent on participation in the Lure Coursing field. Poor Emma was traumatized! Several Greyhound owners commented to me that if I wanted to keep my little dog, I had better keep her in my arms. Of course, I had already figured that one out for myself.

Emma failed her down stay 3 times because she was still scared to be away from me with the yowling dogs nearby. I assured the tester that she could indeed do a solid down stay and that I felt the circumstances were a bit unfair to poor Emma. We went down in a fenced field all by ourselves and did 3 perfectly. The instructor came down and told Emma what a good little dog she was. The testing dog for her to be good with was a large Rottweiler (another soul out of place). Emma was thrilled to see a Rottie and was just hoping it was Stefani (our Rottie)...which of course it wasn't...Still, she did a great job and I was very proud of little Emma."

Now Lora writes:

"In 2004 we adopted a 9mo old Boston Terrier named Emma through Northeast Boston Terrier Rescue.  I'm writing to let you know we had to put her to sleep last week due to a liver tumor.

I wanted to let you know that Emma was such a good little girl.  She became a certified Therapy Dog and helped many many children improve their reading skills.

Later in life, she served to help my Patients to work through pain during therapy, to improve skills needed to take care of themselves or even modify skills to care for their pets at home.

It's been a very difficult few months.  We had 4 Bostons.  We lost one a couple of years ago and the other 3 over the past 3 months.  Emma was our last little Boston.  I think it was hardest to lose her because she was the only one left.

Emma  was very much loved."

Thank you Lora, for adopting her and for having so much love and pride for her.  We offer you and your family our deepest condolences.




No comments: