UA-45446743-1

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Madden Undergoes Surgery

Special thanks to Walter Williams for the portrait





First of all, Maddie is such a sweetheart! My husband and I are really enjoying having her with us--all 38lb of her! Even our resident BT (Jules) is glad she's here--and they've come to be quite a pair. A child saw them in the park the other day and asked about the "mama and baby." She's very calm and happy just about all the time. She gets really excited when it's time to go out and when she senses it's treat time, and prances around us when we come home. I can't imagine why her owners dropped her and her Boxer brother at the shelter :(

I've had a hard time figuring out what she likes to play with--she doesn't care for any of the stuffed/plastic toys or balls and has only chewed on a Nylabone briefly. But she has really enjoyed my resident BT's deer antler (which Jules has kindly shared) and romping around the house with Jules. She also loves jumping up on our bed and hanging out. I guess it's her guilty pleasure...she knows she can't sleep with us (not enough room) but she gives me a look when I'm in the room, and I let her lounge when I'm in there.

As was posted earlier, Maddie has a small mast cell tumor on one of her mammary glands. She has surgery today (6/6) to remove the mammary gland and some of the surrounding tissue, and she'll have a couple of weeks of recovery afterward. Please send good thoughts and prayers our way! This girl has a lot of love to give to a family that's looking for it--we just need to get her better first. I'll try to post again once we know something more.

BethanyVaughan

Special thanks to Bethany and Matt for taking in and caring for this special girl.  All our thoughts and prayers are with you as she undergoes surgery.  If anyone would like to make a donation for her care, her page is at http://www.donationto.com/NEBTR  As always 100% of your tax exempt donations go to Maddie.

2 comments:

KnitOne, PearlOnion said...

Thank you so much for taking care of Madden. If there is anything this little girl needs, I hope you all will reach out to me. She looks like a sweetie and she deserves the chance to be happy!

KnitOne, PearlOnion said...

Thank you so much for taking care of Madden. If there is anything this little girl needs, I hope you all will reach out to me. She looks like a sweetie and she deserves the chance to be happy!