UA-45446743-1

Sunday, July 28, 2013

First Pets for Clarisse

The one facing the camera is Flo - she is blind and deaf so her expression never changes but she always wants to be near us.

This was actually amazing last night and caught me off guard.

Once it started thundering, Clarisse actually jumped up on the couch next to me and I was shocked!

She seemed very nervous about the thunder and was looking to me for comfort, which is really really great!

She didn't really face me but she sat right next to me and let me stroke her back. The others gathered around and it was very sweet!

Today, she was back to her jumpy self but it was a HUGE step which I didn't expect to happen for months.
When I look in her eyes I see a history of fearful solitude. It makes me feel very sad. Clarisse is so weathered and jaded. I look forward to seeing her soften over time...


Jerrilyn Walter

 

That's what love will do.
Amazing!!!!

 

That's wonderful! What amazing progress. Doesn't it feel awesome when you make steps towards trust and affection with a rescue dog and you see them opening up? I love how the other dogs are right there supporting her. The one facing the camera has an expression like "you can do it Clarisse!" So cute. I know some dogs would be swarming trying to get some affection too.
What a wonderful story... I love hearing the developments. Great job!
Erin

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wonderful progress! Keep us posted, it is so heart warming to see this lovely lady making progress. Bless you Jerrilyn

Cindy said...

Wonderful progress! Keep us posted, it is so heart warming to see this lovely lady making progress. Bless you Jerrilyn