UA-45446743-1

Friday, August 2, 2013

The Amazing Incredible Story of Clarisse Continues

Dear friends,


On Saturday evening, Clarisse slipped out the gate to our yard and I could not find her. I have been heartbroken and searching for her for 48 hours. I posted many posters with her picture around my neighborhood but they washed away in yesterdays rain. I made lots of huge posters today at work and began posting them again tonight after work. I was literally walking in people's backyards calling "Clarisse! Clarisse!" While I was posting the flyers tonight, a lady called me and told me - your dog came into my yard Saturday night and I fed her and gave her water.


I was elated beyond description! I said - where is she now??She said I brought her to the Stamen Animal Hospital and she is there now. I could hardly contain myself! After everything she has been through - first the streets of Queens,
then the streets of New Rochelle. She must be terrified.


I knew the vet would be closed but I went anyway. I saw someone in the office and I knocked on their door. I had my posters in my hand. The vet came to the door and I was so excited, I said - you have my boston terrier here, Clarisse! I am here to take her home! The vet looked at me and said - she was microchipped and her owners just picked her up an hour ago.  My vet did tell me she was chipped and I didn't give it much mind. She was in such bad shape when I found her, I assumed it was from the store or mill she came from.


At first, I was so sad..but then I thought, if they came all the way from Queens to pick her up, they must love her very much.
I came home and called them. We shared our love for Clarisse, who is actually Isabelle! They adopted her from the North Shore Animal League on Long Island in March. Isabelle was "a breeder." I strongly believe she was a mill girl.


It turns out that Patrick, her owner, loves her very very much and we have now exchanged pictures and stories of her.
She escaped their yard in Queens and ended up in that train lot that I rescued her from. Not only has this girl had the will of God with her, but so many people helped her along the way to get her back to home and health.


I now realize: the reason why she escaped from my yard on Saturday and I did not find her for 2 days, was so that her original owner would be contacted and find her.He truly loves her and I am floored by this course of events.


Isabelle is home.
Just incredible!


Jerrilyn Walter

 

Wow Jerrilyn:

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.  I think Julie K needs to write another book starring you!.  All is well that ends well but that little girl sure gave you a run for the money.

Thanks for all you did for her. 

Beth

 

I am so happy for Clarisse. I have many tears and as happy as I am that Isabelle is with her family there are a few tears because I will miss Clarisse. You did an excellent job Jerrilyn. I can't imagine how it feels for you

Sending you a hug,

Erica E

 

Truly an amazing story with an amazing ending.
Jerrilyn, if it hadn't been for your heroic efforts to save Isabella in the first place, she never would have made it home. True love comes full circle....
~Liz~

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Amazing!!! If it was not for your devotion to help this lovely lady she may not have made it home. You saved her life. Bless you Jerrilyn!