UA-45446743-1

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Update on Mazy and Walter

8628_10200282369928984_1623339367_n
Walter, Lola and Mazy

945173_10200096964133955_1440711039_n
Walter getting loving

971162_10200127286732001_811437605_n
Walter

992779_10200282386609401_1540260944_n
Walter, Lola, Mazy

mazy stroller
Mazy going for a ride in her stroller. Elaine says, “If you could see her on the days that she actually walks on the leash I'm so proud that I could cry.
I also got her a stroller and she loves to take a walk with the other dogs in her stroller on days that she can't do the leash  My mother found a place that sells doggie strollers I was so surprised but it works very very well"

walter
Walter getting cuddled after a bath

mazyshouse
Mazy’s outdoor play area

Elaine says, “I have worked hard with mazy to help her learn to walk on leash but somedays she just can't manage it , and she is so happy to lay in yard and nap and look around , it was breaking my heart that she couldn't !"
She continues:

“I just wanted to publicly thank NEBTR for coming to our , and Mazy's need! My husband and myself adopted Mazy back in September and she has really done well considering her special needs , Mazy is severely brain damaged and a lot of people have really shown sincere love and concern for her .
My husband and myself were living in a rented home with a fenced in yard and my landlord decided to sell the home and we had to find another house in quite a hurry with no time to prepare or save ... Thank goodness we found a lovely home in a beautiful neighborhood with a landlord who is very sweet and follows the local laws for renting , she is also very accepting of not only Mazy but Walter who we adopted in May and Lola my chihuahua we adopted a few years ago...
That is a very special woman who has allowed our three babies to live in her home !!! The only hitch in the whole move was that the yard is not fenced and the one true pleasure Mazy looks forward to everyday is to lay outside and watch the birds and squirrels and whatever catches her attention during the day when weather permits... With the cost of moving and the extra money I spent adopting Walter ( whom if I had to sell my soul, I would have because we love him so much ) we were unable to resolve Mazy's problem... S
he has worked very hard learning to walk on a leash and adjust to wearing a harness... In desperation I humbled myself to ask for help and NEBTR really came through !! Mazy has a lovely pen for the yard and my mom was nice enough to lend me the money to purchase a rubber floor so she will be comfortable laying inside and is easy to clean everyday and also I purchased a uv and heat blocking shade that I fashioned as a roof , she LOVES it !!! She is so happy and comfortable in there and she even enjoys the company of Walter and Lola in her little palace !!!
NEBTR has also helped me pay my mom back the funds she lent me to create Mazy's pen ! When they told me they were going to help me I literally cried ! I could not be more thankful ... It really means so so much to myself and especially Mazy ! And as a side note , one of the first days that Mazy made it all the way around the block , she caught the attention of a woman driving through the neighborhood , the woman pulled over and asked if she was a Boston Terrier and also asked if she could pet and hold her a minute as she had just lost her Boston of thirteen years only two weeks ago.
It was so hard to say no, that you can't touch Mazy in the same way you can other dogs , it doesn't feel the same to her ... But I offered her the chance to meet Walter and that she could love him up all she wanted ... Two days later she showed up at my door and not only took the opprotunity to love Walter up but also re visited Mazy , without touching her .., but she didn't show up empty handed , she brought a case if food , treats , heart worm medication and her late Abby's favorite leash !!! I was so stunned at how generous a perfect stranger could be , and Walter and I made sure we visited her with a bouquet of flowers to say thank you for her love for Boston Terriers and our special Mazy in particular !!! I promised her when she was ready that I would help her find a special fur baby Boston to give all her love to ! Again thank you to everyone , know it couldn't be more appreciated !!! Mazy , Walter and Lola say thank you and send kissy licks to all !”

No comments: