UA-45446743-1

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Update on Foster Macey

Hi Everyone,

Macey has been with us for a week!  She still has tons of energy and needs a lot of walking.  This is more exercise than I am used to because I have been walking her and Buster separately all week to keep them apart.   Looking forward to when I can walk them together, hopefully today. 

She loves to run!  When she goes outside to do her business, she comes back to the door, waits for me to open it and then runs away.  She bounces around the yard like a rabbit.

We just introduced her to Buster and it went really smoothly.  They have been on opposite sides of the house all week with gates to keep them apart.  At first, Macey was barking and lunging at the gate every time she saw us bringing Buster to the door to go out.  When I walk her, she gets very agitated when she sees other dogs, so at first I thought we might never be able to introduce them.  After a few days, she just looked at him curiously and stopped lunging and barking.    We brought them outside on leashes and let them sniff each other.  When they came back in the house they playfully chased each other around the house a little, until Buster got tired (Macey never gets tired!)  Right now they are just ignoring each other.  Still won't leave them alone together, but I really think they are going to be fine.  Now the cat might be a different story.  I doubt they will be friends any time soon.

I think its going to be easy to find a home for Macey, but I might be falling in love!  She really is such a sweetie, she just needs to be kept active.

Jane

No comments: