UA-45446743-1

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Cleo Goes to the Rainbow Bridge

Sweet Cleo went to the rainbow bridge this week.  She passed in the arms of her family who had only 8 short months with her but I am positive those were the best 8 months of her life.  I can't thank them enough for that.

Cleo was my first foster with NEBTR.  It was my first experience with how amazing this group of people are.  It literally took a village to get her to me.  From getting pulled from the shelter by Joy to all the wonderful transporters that helped her get across the state to me.

She was a spunky 11 year old gal when I got her.  She kept me on my toes and taught me how to "cleo-proof" the house because she got into everything!   She then gave me a crash course in eye ulcers almost immediately.  She always looked like she had a smile on her face. 

Sweet Cleo will be missed by everyone who crossed her path.  Thank you so much to NEBTR for pulling her from the shelter so quickly and giving her a second chance.

~Kristy
Canonsburg, PA


I am SO sad to hear this.  What a fun little monkey.  I was lucky enough to have her for 5 days before the 100 person transport.  She was such a special lady--and I'd bet the ranch that she was the puppy-from-hell!!  She had the best for the last years of her life.   Her original owner gave her up because she was going into hospice.   She gave Cleo to the shelter because they are no-kill and have a strong relationship with us.  She wanted to make sure Cleo had a chance at another home even at her age. 
I have no doubt she's climbing all over her original Mom and wagging that tail like crazy.
Thank you all so much for pitching in to give this goofy little girl a wonderful life after she was very reluctantly given up.
Joy

No comments: