UA-45446743-1

Sunday, September 14, 2014

In honor of Ivan


A Beautiful Tribute to BT Owners from a wonderful NEBTR volunteer.....

I've seen a lot of sad news here lately- members with sick bostons, lost bostons and even bostons who are no longer with us. I just wanted to take a minute and let you know that I am thinking of you.

We lost our boston almost a year ago, and I still cry every single day. I miss him more than I can say. He was a huge personality. He could be so, SO naughty... but he was perfect. He would nip... but then come running back to "say" he was sorry. He would tease his brother, then come over for a kiss. He would tear up his toys one second, then be curled up for a snuggle the next minute. 

He wasn't always good, but he was perfect. I wish I could say I was too. But I skipped walks when I was too cold. I was late getting home from work sometimes. I got frustrated. I yelled. But even still, he loved me more than anything. I wouldn't trade a minute of his sometimes crazy life for a million dollars, and I would cut off my left arm if I could have him back.

But I digress!!

YOU are all awesome. You dedicate so much of your time, your energy, your love and your money to these babies who have, in many cases, lived lives where they received very little of that. You give so tirelessly and freely of yourself and it is truly amazing. No matter how much you try... not every story will have a happy ending... but the fact that you all probably realize that and just keep doing it anyway? It just makes it even more inspiring. 

It's still hard to even look at another boston, and even though Ivan hated most other dogs- I think he would approve of me wanting to give a little bit to try and better the life of another little bostie (though he might not admit it out loud). And it provides me a little glimmer of happiness in an otherwise heartbreaking year.

So for all of you managing heartache of your own- thank you. Thank you for giving so much of yourself and loving these kids so much that it hurts when something goes wrong. That you for making space in your homes, taking road trips to get to a boston in need, for spending time and money on vet bills and food, and ESPECIALLY for making space in your hearts for them. They need you and you are amazing. Your work is recognized, wonderful and so appreciated. Good karma points to you all!


The picture I attached is one of Ivan on his last birthday (the big 1-0). It make me smile, even when I am crying... and I hope it makes you smile too. 


Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It has a big boston shaped hole in it right now.... but that just means he was special, and that I was lucky to be his momma for the 10 years I had him

You are all wonderful.... sorry if I am mushy-gushy.... but I really am touched! 

xo

Jess in MA

Thank you for the eloquent words, Jess, and Ivan was some special boy.


No comments: