UA-45446743-1

Monday, September 1, 2014

What Bruno Did This Summer





Here is an update from that super dog Bruno.  He is the one with the martini glass and olive marking on his back.  :)
His forever home sent in an update on what Bruno has been doing this summer.  Lucky DOG!
Chris C.
Arendtsville, PA

What Bruno Did this Summer

Bruno's summer started out a bit rocky.  His skin tag (which my dad affectionately called his "hashtag")  got infected and needed to be removed.  But, in typical Bruno fashion, he handled the procedure like a champ and the vet said he snored louder and drooled more than any other dog she's had in recovery - I'm so proud!

Given our mild summer, Bruno was able to spent a lot of time outdoors.  We took a 10 minute drive to the park once a week or so (this way he gets two for one - a walk by the pond and a ride)  and then we grabbed a little vanilla ice cream on the way home.  Bruno LOVES vanilla ice cream.

When I flew across the country to visit family, Bruno stayed with friends and their dog Clark.  The two did pretty well together and he quickly became a favorite among the residents of the condo complex.

Bruno and I walk EVERYWHERE!  If it's hot we stop 5 or 6 times for water (portable water bowl - best purchase I ever made) and sit in the shade.  If the temps are on our side Bruno can walk for miles.  He's such a trooper!

I have recently acquired a nest and baby pigeons under my deck and Bruno can spend hours just peeping through the deck floor to get a glimpse of the birds.

Lastly,  Bruno has become the best morning alarm clock.  He comes into my room (he has his own bed in my home office across the hall) wiggles so I know he's there and then if I say okay, he jumps onto my bed, licks my face and then sleeps with me until the snooze alarm goes off and we begin our day.  I love it!

Parks, Walks, Birds, Rides and Vacations in condos by the water.  This is what Bruno's summer has been like.  Touch life!

I'm sending some pics in a separate email  of Bruno sunny himself on the deck, one with his portable water bowl on a hot walk, one at the park, one with me having tea with my neighbor and one watching the birds on the deck.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Have a wonderful last few days of summer!

Alison Burg

No comments: