UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Diary of Brooklyn's First Days







Brooklyn, the five month old foster, arrived this morning.  She and my girl Abigail became instant buddies, haven't stopped playing since they met, inseparable.  Brooklyn's mom had not had a dog before; she quickly realized that puppies need a lot more time and attention than she could provide so she surrendered her to us, very wise woman. Drove all the way up from New Jersey to make sure she is in a good place. Brooklyn is adorable, loving, sweet, mostly housebroken, loves to give kisses, non-barker, and gorgeous.  She is an absolute charmer and, as you can see from her picture, gorgeous.  Very well cared for, fully vetted, just needs to be spayed.

Her mom sent her with supplies for a lifetime: two crates, playpen, gate, toys, treats, coat, bed, food, bowls, etc, so much that I had to store a lot of things in the basement.

Day 2 with the new foster puppy, Brooklyn.  She and Abigail, my three year old girl with a puppy mind, fell in love the minute they laid eyes on each other, playing, cuddling, kissing, they can't seem to get enough of each other.  I have never seen my Abigail respond so instantly and happily to another dog, including puppies in the neighborhood.  She even lets Brooklyn steal her toys, possessions she doesn't like to share with anyone.

Because Abigail always sleeps with me, Brooklyn was in bed with me too, slight accident so into the washing machine goes the bed cover, at least she didn't hit the electric blanket LOL
I'm wondering when they'll just collapse into a heap of exhaustion, they don't want to stop running through the house and playing with pull toys, though Abigail did hide in her crate for a brief nap until Brooklyn brought a toy to her.

Brooklyn is so darn cute and funny, I'm so glad her owners realized they couldn't handle a puppy and turned her over to us; it's obvious that she was very well cared for and her family wanted the best for her.  It will be very hard for Abigail and me to part with her.

Day 3 of puppy madness! I think both foster puppy Brooklyn and my redhead Abigail are finally starting to tire after running non-stop through the first floor and back patio. Wrestling in bed for half an hour or so until Abigail crawled under the blanket to escape, but around 3:00 in the morning, Brooklyn decided it was again play time, proceeding to start another match, much to the chagrin of Abigail and me. I guess we need to keep puppy hours... LOL

Jeanne Dross




1 comment:

Unknown said...

When will she be available for adoption and does she have any experience with children?