UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Message From My Heart


The holidays are quickly approaching.  Everyone is in good cheer, excited, joyful, and ready for celebrations with friends and family. 
 
I’m sure some people are thinking about getting a new puppy to add to their family.  Are you ready to purchase your next Boston Terrier puppy at a pet shop?  Or have you purchased a new Boston Terrier puppy at a pet shop in the last 7 years?  Meet my foster girl, Jackie-O.  She could be your pet shop puppy’s Mommy. 
 
I’d like to tell you a little about my foster girl.  She was one of 7 mill dogs rescued by Northeast Boston Terrier Rescue on December 12, 2014.  It took many volunteers to organize a successful rescue.  She had lost her litter of 4 puppies a few weeks back, so the puppy mill slave breeder (and I’m being nice here) decided he was through with her.  After seven long-treacherous years of breeding, she was now being dumped.  Luckily it was to a rescue. 
 
Some mill dogs end up in an auction to be purchased by another breeder so that the breeding continues again….and again…and again.  These dogs are treated like livestock.  These dogs don’t have a name, a warm bed, treats, a decent meal, or even clean water to drink.  They are in tight wire cages to defecate where they lay and stand.  They don’t have the luxury of a kind human’s touch….They are grabbed by the back of their necks to be thrown into another cage for mating.  When they have their litter of puppies, the puppies are taken way to soon from their mother.  Imagine yourself in those conditions.  Wouldn’t that break your spirit?
 
My pretty foster girl, Jackie-O, came to me with nothing…. No name, no collar, no leash, no soft bedding, no sweater to keep her warm, no treats.  She came to me extremely underweight.  She does not know the simple pleasures of what most dogs as pets take for granted (as they should and deserve to do).  I am teaching my Jackie-O everything, especially what it feels like to be loved!!  When I am finished rehabilitating her, I will find her a forever home that will treat her with respect and spoil her as she should have been since being a puppy herself.
 
And here she is beside me, wagging her tail….just wanting to be loved.
 
Please adopt, don’t shop
-Patti M.
Foster Mom to Jackie-O

No comments: