UA-45446743-1

Monday, December 15, 2014

Cooper's First Few Days




OMG is all I can say (wait, did I say that before about him too??), this dog is amazing! For having lived his whole life in the mill, I am amazed at how well he as adapted to life in a house.  We keep him gated in the kitchen away from the other 4, and he is very quiet and well behaved-will whine once  in awhile if he sees us and we don't go pet him, but then lays down in his bed. He is curious about the other 4 dogs, but there has been no growling through the gate-so hopeful he will be good with them. He did not go to the bathroom once in the house yesterday ( this is what I am most amazed by) and he seems to wait to go till he is outside. We actually don't crate him, although the crate is in the kitchen with him, as I don't want him to go to the bathroom in the crate-as he is probably used to it from how he used to live. He will follow me around the yard when we go out and when he is done his business, sprints back to the house.  He is very energetic for 7, but not hyper.  He wants to snuggle up in my lap, but it's like he doesn't really know how, so he will lay with his body on the floor and his front paws and head in my lap-it's adorable. He loves his "loofah" toy (which is bigger than he is) and runs around the kitchen with it-I am assuming it is his first toy ever.  He does seem fearful of the leash-although it may be things near his head in general-which is how my resident puppy mill momma is too-is fine with petting, but if you get a towel or blanket near her head, she hates it. He has a harness on his wish list-so this may help a bit with leash training if the the leash is further back away from his head. We have a vet appt Monday to get him checked out, he will need neutering too at a later date. Cooper is going to make someone really happy, he is just so lovable and sweet and craves affection-I really feel he will be an easy placement.....

Carrie Paul (Cranmer) & Cooper & Myrtle
Alloway, NJ

No comments: