UA-45446743-1

Monday, December 29, 2014

Duncan's Happiness



Duncan had a lot of issues when he came into my foster care back in March 2014, and I hate to say that most of his issues still exist, despite our many efforts. He has good days and he has bad days. However, no matter how bad the day is, we still end it the same way every night by crawling into bed together and falling asleep nestled against each other. Duncan is a very anxious dog and has become extremely attached to me. I like to call him my shadow – he doesn’t like to leave my side. Even in the home, I must let him know when I am leaving the room so he knows to follow me or else he will start crying until I come find him. 

But this isn't all about Duncan. My family also wouldn't be complete without Duncan in it. I can't imagine a day without him and I look forward to every day I have to look forward to spending with him in the future. It may have taken 14 years for Duncan to find where he always belonged, but I know we will make each other happy for the rest of his fragile life.


I really want to thank the volunteers at NEBTR for changing the lives of dogs like Duncan. I hate to even think of other dogs who are tossed to the side and never given a second chance. NEBTR has changed my outlook on Senior dogs and dogs with disabilities. I am so grateful for each and every one of you, no matter what your role is for NEBTR, for giving these precious souls a second chance at life.

Love,
Alyssa and Duncan
Saint Marys, PA

What a wonderful story. 
Congratulations on the adoption! - Chris

I am so happy for Duncan I could cry!  He is a very lucky boy! - Loretta

This is the best news ever!!! So happy for you both! Duncan has indeed hit the lottery when he got to you. - Stacie

No comments: