UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Max Needs Our Prayers

Hi everyone,

i just got a very disturbing text from my former foster Max2's mom. You may remember him, he was the one who had the serious eye injury last July. but we were able to save his eye and he has found the most awesome forever home with the Savard family in upstate NY.

She said the following:

"I have some bad news. Max is having exploratory surgery tomorrow on his abdomen. About a week and a half ago, I had to switch his food because Petco is out of it and so is the warehouse it comes from and they don't know when it will be back, if ever. So I switched them all to Nature's Recipe Lamb and Rice (from venison and rice). The girls did fine but Max got diarrhea. I had tried to mix the 2 foods but I didn't have enough of the old to do it for long. So after a few days of that it seemed to get better for a day. But then Friday he threw up his dog food so I started him on boiled chicken and rice. He kept it down for a day but then threw up twice yesterday and again today. The doctor thinks it may be a tumor or tumors.

We took Max to the vet today and he had a lot of tests and xrays. Doc says his gall bladder and liver function are WAY off, and his stomach is very enlarged. Nno pancreatis though. He said he could treat him with antibiotics and anti vomit drugs.but that wouldn't tell him what the problem is.

We are so worried as is the doctor, so I am pleading with everyone to please say a prayer tonight and tomorrow as Max goes for his surgery. "

thank you.

Chris M

No comments: