UA-45446743-1

Friday, November 22, 2013

Little Girl Cabbage Patch Goes to the Rainbow Bridge


We lost Little Girl Cabbage Patch this morning. She succumbed to pneumonia which developed overnight. She was put into an oxygen tent early this morning at Linda's vet but all his heroics to help her could not. Her body was too compromised to fight it off. Sadly, she was beginning to gain weight and know her way around Linda's home. Yesterday she had her first firm poop. It was looking so good for her. Losing both these little pups from the same shelter this week is so hard on Linda. They both had pneumonia. We tried.

Sheryl Trent, President, NEBTR

 Linda Antonelli, her foster mom, writes:

"With a heavy heart and major tears, our little girl passed away today. She woke up in the middle of the night tucked under my arm breathing heavy and congested. I rushed her to my vet this morning. An x-ray showed pneumonia when just five days ago her lungs were clear. They put her on oxygen and after 45 minutes were going to put her on a nebulizer and I.V. From one room to the other she died. My vet tried to resuscitate her but she was gone. I made her a new batch of food 9 p.m. last night for today. She gained two pounds. I did all I could, but mix pneumonia with a sick dog and that's a death sentence. Now I know why Lilly died. I'm very angry right now. Little Girl was like my little sparrow following me around the house and she was eating so well and then BAM, she's gone. I hate the owners and I hate the shelter and I'm so very sad. I tried so hard to heal her and she was gaining weight and doing well. This did not have to happen. I'm sorry to post this and thank you all for the well wishes. And I'm sorry that I'm angry but I'm human. My girly girly, I will so miss her. UGH UGH"


3 comments:

Phyllis J. Nixon, President BTRA said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Little Girl Cabbage Patch. May she rest in peace flying with the angels across the Rainbow Bridge in God's loving arms. Thank you for saving her and letting her know care and love for the short time you had her.

Unknown said...

I am very sorry for your loss. I hate the iwners and the shelter also. It really makes my heart break that people are actually this flippen cruel. God Bless you for taking them and loving them, until they left.

Unknown said...

THere are just no words to telll what what heroes you were in trying the rescue this angel from a life of horror... It is my hope that she is happy at the rainbow bridge buffet. We all need that hope. Thank you for trying to save her