UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Little Lily Goes to the Rainbow Bridge


It is with a heavy collective heart that Linda Antonelli has announced our loss of dear Lily. Heartbreaking when we receive them too late for even today's modern medicine. Run pain free at the bridge sweet girl.

Lily was rescued from the Brooklyn Animal Control Center after having been placed on the euth list.   

Linda writes, "Lost my foster Lilly today. With tears I tell you all it was only after 5 days of foster care. Ugh Ugh Ugh, I wanted to help that girl so bad but she was way beyond saving. I tried and she was just so neglected that she couldn't handle living anymore. I don't judge people but you all know how I feel about the owners who threw her out in the street. Ugh."

As Katherine DeCotiis Wiedemann wrote," I think she waited and waited for someone like you to come along, and when you did, and you kept her warm and gave her food and loved her, she finally was able to let go."

Linda comments, "Katherine. You are totally totally right. I thought about that all day today. She needed a safe place to die peacefully. I know you are right. She looked at me last night with wide eyes and I said hang on girl, we are going to the vet tomorrow. She was clean, had fresh bedding with all the new blankets, warm and cozy and I kissed her goodnight. When I sent her out this morning, she looked so bad, and I said, hang on girl, I gotta change my clothes and brush my teeth and we are out of here to the vet's. I hugged her and ran in the house. 10-15 minutes I came outside to get her and she was gone. As much as I was distraught, I thought, you are so out of your misery and in peace. I knew she was so very sick for a very long time. Thank you Katherine. Thank you.  My vet and I would have moved mountains for her.  At least she got five days with me instead of in the shelter or the street. Poor angel. I wish I met her months ago, I would have fixed her up. I'm so angry about this but it is what it is... I thank all of you for you gifts, love and support."

Thank you Linda for being there for her for the last days of her life. At least she got to know what real love is and was loved and cherished, if for only a short period of time.

How sad for both of you Linda. Thank God she didn't die alone in a shelter.
Thank you for doing everything you could for her. You took her in when no one else would.

Rest in Peace sweet Lily. - Jerrilyn Walter

Oh Linda, how awful for you. She was too far gone, but she went on a warm sunny day in a welcoming yard with birds singing around her. If she had to go, it was a beautiful place and time. I'm sure she appreciated all you did for her, as do we:)
Vicki Cuneo


 

No comments: