UA-45446743-1

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Sam Thanks Melissa McGinn and Another Donor for His Stroller




Sweet Sam had a great day out in the sun checking out his new wheels. You could see in his eyes how happy he was to get out of the house. He's feeling much better on pain medication and is moving his upper body much more. He was very excited to have visitors!

Marjorie Young

Wonderful gift for that sweet Sam, thanks for sharing!

Good Evening Everyone. Doreen, Muriel and Sam here. (well, and Mason too). I am SO sorry it has been so long since we have posted. I know several people here on NEBTR and on Walters list know my family & I are having a VERY challenged life right now. We are working on getting out of the hell we are in, and moving forward, but it is taking time.

In addition, for some amazing reason, only known to FaceBook reason, I was not able to see posts by others here on NEBTR and had a hard time posting in general. So for that I am sorry as well.

I was going to send several posts, but it is getting late for our animal care here and can't take that much time. My main focus to is to post about Sambo.

While Sam is not able to walk, he is quite happy, very vocal and shifts his upper body around quite a bit. When I get more then 5 minutes to write, I would love to speak with people who have dogs who use carts, have no use of their hind legs etc. He is still having problems sleeping at night. Well, it isn't so much that he has problems kindof, well, when he pees or poops, he wakes me up to clean him. I KNOW I wouldn't want to lay with peepee or poops in my bed, I guess he is the same way. He is VERY vocal about this !!! When I don't hear the crying/whining/vocal sounds he makes, he then hits me with his arms............ We sleep quite close... About 8 inches from each other.

He is eating well, pooping and peeing well. He has stopped crying (VERY HORRIBLE crying sounds he made ) THANK GOODNESS !! When we move him. It was HORRIBLE !!!

I know someone offered a cart for him, at the time it seemed premature, but we are thinking this will be the way to go. I also want to work on getting his arms/front legs/chest etc. stronger so he can more around more and have NO IDEA how to do that.

I included a tonights picture........... Not the best, but he is more upright then he had been. He had been laying on his side, we turned him hourly, so he wouldn't get bored or sore. Once the pain reduced and he got tired of being in that position, he started to move his upper body around. We now brace him with pillows and supports. We are thinking a bean bag chair if we can find a child's one.

Thanks to 2 wonderful people, one we don't know, one we do, we were given a stroller to take Sam for walks. Before now it was quite painful for us to move him to position him in it, so we weren't sure it would work. Now that HE is allowing us to move him more freely AND HE is moving better, it is on our MUST do list for the morning. Pictures WILL FOLLOW WE PROMISE !!!!!

We have spoken with the vets office, they know of the problems we have been having and Sam has an appointment on Monday to resume treatment. We can't thank you all enough for your help. We don't have words. Thank you a million times over and that isn't enough.

Being optomistic but with a paw on reality, we know he may never walk again. Something not easy to deal with, but we will keep him anyway we can, with a good quality of life, with no pain, even not walking. He still gives kisses, talks a lot and I believe quite happy. I do think he is frustrated not being able to follow his brother out in the yard to play sticks, but that will happen with a cart....

I don't want to ramble, well, any more then I have, but I needed to post an update.

Thank you all so much and updates will happen much more often, we promise.

Sam, Doreen, Muriel, Mason and our other sister Jude...

PS. Linda, we look forward to bringing Sam over for some swimming. Cindy, thank you for your support, Chris never called us. We left several messages. Marjorie, thank you for everything. Hope you and the boys had a good time tonight. Jerrilyn and Ellen, thank you...... Walter, there are no words for all you do.

PSS......... I feel awkward about this, and I am sorry........ Many people wrote us and asked for our snail mail address, we posted it, but as of the close of the post office today, nothing had arrived. I wasn't sure if I messed up and put the wrong address or people's lives just got busy and things weren't sent (we understand) but I didn't want anyone to think we were rude and didn't acknoweledge that we had recieved things for Sam, we hadn't.

Sam Gluck
C/O The Gluck Sisters
PO Box 20066
Huntington Station NY 11746

No comments: