UA-45446743-1

Monday, June 2, 2014

Welcome McCoy from the Bronx


Hi all! After a very long day and many many helpers, I came home to meet McCoy! He is a young boy sprung from the dreaded Manhattan ACC kill list by Julie Klam, and is SUPER PUMPED to be alive.

Above is a FREEDOM RIDE pic.

He is BOUNCY! He doesn't know a single command, and is constantly in motion! What a happy guy! He can see my dogs through the kitchen's french doors, and is play bowing and looking to romp around with them already. I don't think he has ever seen a cat before, he looked very curious and surprised, and followed my Otis Chubby kitty belly all over in an excited fashion, but was non agressive towards him. We went for a walk together,  and Rock has no leash manners at all. Honestly I don't know if he has ever been for a walk lol he was a bit better by the end of our trip around the block, and we will just have to keep working at it! He ate dinner, has had a nap, and appears to be accustomed to being in a crate. He has a very small sad cry that doesn't seem to match his face lol

Thank you to all the people who worked to free him from the shelter! 

Julie writes,
"YAY ERIN! I thought he was absolutely adorable for the couple of hours I was with him - by the way -he was found as a stray in the Bronx so he might bark with a NY accent. :)
Keep us posted!"
Julie Klam

 McCoy slept all night soundly in his crate. Not one peep! I slept from 1:30 am to 10 am and he was totally fine with that. When I came down to get him, he rolled over submissively, but I opened the crate,  he first came creeping out, but then exploded into a happy puppy mode lol no accidents overnight, no problems at all. He is completely bonkers like a 6 month old, but learning the ropes. My husband took him for a walk, and he was MUCH BETTER than yesterday. He hasn't even marked anything! (THATS a nice change lol) He does know what toys are, and very quickly picked his favorites from the bin, flipping them into the air and bounding around like a furry tornado. Other than his extreme energy level, What a good boy. With training, he will be awesome!





Here are some pictures of this silly guy! We are working on jumping and mouthing. McCoy is enjoying the Pennsylvania mountain weather while my husband and I are working on our outdoor cat enclosure. He is super silly. I can't look at him without laughing at the underbite!

Thank you Erin for taking him and for certainly saving his life. He has a new lease on life thanks to NEBTR  and Erin! He's the Real McCoy!He sounds like he will be a total joy for someone with the time and energy to train him.

1 comment:

colehead said...

Hi,
We are super interested in McCoy. I have a lovely conversation with Maria last night and we are crossing our fingers that we are approved.
His face makes me happy inside when I look at him.
Nicole