UA-45446743-1

Monday, September 2, 2013

Puppy Mill Attitude



A POEM FROM A PUPPY MILL DOG BY JIM WILLIS

'Tis lonely here in prison,
I dream of sun, of fields,
I saw them from a window once,
but I don't know how they feel.
I've never known a caress,
a friend, a bone, a toy,
I'd happily companion,
a human girl or boy.
But some men have decided,
with selfishness and greed,
that my fate shall be a cage,
and for my keep, I'll breed.
What should fuel this folly?
My kind may bark in vain.
We care not for your commerce,
and few know of our pain.
We're hidden well from justice,
for our freedom some may cry.
God grant me, please, just one request -
Let me play once before I die.
* * * * *
Dedicated to the millions of animals who never knew the sun and fresh air, those regarded as property, and who profited human bank accounts.

PLEASE DON'T SHOP!!! ADOPT!!

No comments: