UA-45446743-1

Saturday, March 22, 2014

A letter to my Foster - Buddy

Tomorrow morning Buddy will begin his journey to New York to live with his forever family. This is my second foster adoption. It doesn't get easier as you go, does it? I'm so happy for them but can't help but worry that they think I'm abandoning them.
I wrote this letter to Buddy today to get all the thoughts out of my head. I've been saying all this stuff to him but I just wish he could give me some sign that he understands.
Dear Mr Buddy Man,
(As we've grown fond of calling you)
I'm sure that you are sensing something going on and wondering why I keep talking about this new Mommy and new Dad and even a new puppy brother. It's very exciting. You've been adopted! I am so happy for you. You will be so loved and you deserve it.
I'm sure you wonder why you can't just stay here but this was only a temporary stop in your journey. A place for you to recover from your loss. I hope you can understand that there are other dogs that need my help.

You were here for just a short three months and it has been such a pleasure having you here. I watched you learn to trust and love us and I can't wait for your new family to experience that. I will miss you and you will forever hold a piece of my heart as all of my fosters will.

Tomorrow you will go on a long journey to your new home. I'm sure it will be scary but please be brave. A lot of people will be helping to get you there. Your new Mommy and Daddy will be anxiously waiting for you at the end of your long trip and will shower you with hugs and kisses and give you the loving home that you deserve.
Love always,
Your foster Mom
~Kristy
Canonsburg, PA 


Beautiful!
Buddy loves you and I'm sure he knows that you are doing what's best for him.
Good luck, to you both!

Tears.....  That is such a beautiful and heartfelt letter, I'm all choked up.  Of course you're going to miss those big, beautiful brown eyes and that adorable, sweet baby face.  You're a wonderful person, and wishing you and Buddy all the best~ Denice, Jackson, NJ

Kristy! you made tears come to my eyes!
you are such a great foster mom! and I enjoy working with you and your fosters.
kudos to you!!! - Tammy Trivelpiece

Kristy,
That is so beautiful and heartfelt.
It brought tears to my eyes.
I hope you did read it to him.
Good Luck Buddy.
Congratulations Kristy and thank you for
helping Buddy.
Victoria
Such a beautiful letter. It made me think back of all my past fosters and how I felt when the journey took them to their forever home. As always I shed happy tears. They are all happy and in a place they need to be.

Hugs from the McGraw Gang. 


What a beautiful letter and a beautiful foster mama! - Katherine
Kristy,  
I have fostered for 5 years and you are right it doesn't get easier. After all these years I feel the same way you do. I'm so worried that when they get adopted and leave here that they think I didn't want them and I am sending them away. Man its so hard. But when you see the pictures of them with their family and being happy. It feels better. Good luck and know I feel the same way. Thank you for taking care of Buddy.
Jill
Oh Kristy; that was beautiful and tears are falling down my face. I know he understands. It takes a strong person to let them go.

Stacie
That is so sweet! It doesn't get easier to say goodbye with each one, but I think it becomes more rewarding with each foster. I talk to my fosters too as the adoption approaches, sometimes through tears, telling them how much I love them and how they will make me proud in their new home. I'm happy I'm not the only one :) I love the idea of a letter to save for each foster! I wish I had done some kind of paw print of them. This is a good idea though!

Erin


No comments: