UA-45446743-1

Monday, April 14, 2014

Update on Jaxx

Hi everyone;
Jaxx and I went to the beach yesterday - it was his first trip. He is wearing a tee shirt that says, "I am a Boston Terrier not a French Bulldog." (and that is not 100% true in his case). I thought this picture was just neat - he was looking around at the water and the birds. Doesn't do water but loves the smells. He is a solitary gentleman, loves his space and his humans and we love him back.
 
  Jax, Josie and Sadie






And he completely has my heart. He is awesome when settled but it took him awhile to figure out we weren’t going to send him away. He has a lot of energy for an old coot and also a heart murmur which we need to watch. He loves my husband and actually goes to work with him everyday - yes! - he is a truck dog and follows my husband everywhere he goes. He wakes up everyday and waits for my husband to start the truck up. My husband is a retired Firefighter in Atlantic City, but also owns an electrical company. He putz around everyday and Jaxx follows him. When Jaxx gets tired, he goes to the truck and sleeps in the front seat. They share lunch (yes - it is not always good food but there’s a bond I can’t break…), but Jaxx is very happy being a truck dog and the workers and clients love him. He wears a little grey shirt that says,”I am not a French Bulldog, I am a Boston Terrier”. I will try to get a picture for you.

He tolerates his sisters, and they all get along - no fighting whatsoever. He may even like them. He used to get up when Sadie would sit by him and try to share a sun beam with him, but no longer. They share the sun and he’s OK with it. He loves to lay in the sun in the back yard and is mostly a loner - he doesn’t play with them much because he is older and he still loves his ball. He now has 5 of them all different colors. He has been to Florida 4 times (my husband drives with the dogs in the back seat ) and he loves it. He especially loves the warm sun in Florida.

I can now walk all three together, but I take him on special walks by himself because he loves to smell the neighborhood and likes to take his time. He now kisses me when I come home and if I sit next to him on the floor he will put his body into mine for more rubs. Oh, how he likes his rubs.  He had no skin issues this winter after we got his skin infection under control. He flared up with a dormant skin condition and after some special baths and medicine, his skin and fur are fine.

Hoping I painted a picture for you of how he has adjusted to his new life. We love him. He’s snoring loudly right now in a sun beam while mommy types….

Stacie Kyle
 

No comments: