UA-45446743-1

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Spot had Surgery

Dearest Spot had a rough day yesterday.  He was neutered and eneucleated - his damaged eye was removed so he can lead a new, pain-free, happy life.  I am happy to report that my little man is feeling better this morning, he went outside to do his business, ate, and is now sitting with his foster Dad having a cup of tea and watching the news.
This has been one of the hardest things I ever had to go through.  I was worried sick, still worry, and I love him like crazy, but I know for him, the eye was useless and only a source of discomfort and potential risk.  He won't miss it.
Interesting that, while at the vet, this sweet and gentle little darling turned back into a fearful, difficult, aggressive boy.  He was undoubtedly terrified and stressed.  The staff reported a very different dog than I know and love.
Denice & Spot

Get well quick little buddy...So sad that little Spot had to lose his eye but could become a problem for him in time. He will rebound quicker than you think and will adjust to having one eye, dogs are amazing creatures at adapting. A whole lot better than humans actually. I'm sure he had a few flash backs and that's why he became aggressive again. Now that your home I'm sure everything  will go back to as it was before you just needed to know your safe. Big kisses to you Spot and a big hug to you Denise thank you for taking care of him.


No comments: