UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Update on Max's Eye

Max 2 had his followup yesterday at Cornell in NY yesterday. It went very well. Our newest NEBTR members and friend of both Max 2 and I came up to visit us and sit in on his appointment.

We have GOOD news and BAD news....ok so the good news first....he is progressing nicely! we are about at 80% cell regrowth of his cornea. Just 12 days ago he was at 0% 1st layer cornea. So he is making great strides in the right direction. He is to keep the cone on 24/7. I was doing his medicine regime every 4 hours. I would wake up 2 times in middle of the night to give him his drops. Which by the way, he still doesnt like but he is tolerating them better than he was in the beginning. I can now skip the overnights and do every 2 hours during waking hours (for 6x a day med cycle). Dr. feels we should be at the finish line in about 3 weeks. But we don't what the finish line will be yet.

Now the BAD news, Dr. says Max's condition is GUARDED. There is still a chance his eye could RUPTURE at any time. The chance is still there all this progress Max has made could be for naught if his eye ruptures, he would have to have the eye removed. I heard that and was in tears!! That is a very scary statement to hear. But the pus that he had is gone and it looks pretty good, considering what it looked like at the beginning of all this on July 3rd. He wants to see him again next Monday for one more follow up (oy!). (I am going to need help with that one team!!!)They gave me refills on some of the meds we ran out of. But all in all the appt was good. There are hopefull for a full recovery as long as he stays calm, no toys and no jumping. poor boy, he is missing those tennis balls!! He is going to get a GREAT BIG BOX OF THEM WHEN THIS IS ALL OVER!! lol

Well, thats about it, Matthew Hobart was so nice to stop by and visit with Max again and even stayed for his appt!! Thanks so much Matt!! It was great seeing you again and I know Max loved seeing you too!! I am sure we will see you again soon! Wink Also Matt, if I left anything out that you remember, please feel free to comment. thanks!

Christine, fosters Max  & Lacey/Daisy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My BT has had two different eye surgeries at Cornell. They have a wonderful staff and very caring students, interns and doctors. And...they explain everything so that a person can understand what is going on and the prognosis. The staff told me if Babsy ever has to stay the night again, I would have to bring my sleeping bag because she cried and cried and was so stressed because I was not with her. But she is doing very well now and will have to have two different eye drop medications, two times a day the rest of her life. Your puppy dog is having best care possible at Cornell and I hope the best for him!!