UA-45446743-1

Sunday, August 17, 2014

More on Beau


Bo is in great spirits today like he was last night. He happily ate breakfast (Halo brand Spot's Stew in lamb recipe - dry kibble version - with a little wild Salmon oil mixed in) and has been drinking a good amount of water. He ate his medication fine (that I hid in a little bit of melted cheese).  He loves to play and seems to really enjoy chewing toys (he has already tore open a somewhat heavy duty toy I got him). 

He is high energy and hasn't wanted to curl up and take a nap all morning. He just now sat down for the first time and looks like he will take a nap (spoke too soon - he keeps getting up to explore and then laying back down). He is very affectionate and likes to lick me, but it turns into humping often - he is very humpy!  I assume that will calm down in a few weeks since he was just neutered. He easily allows you to pick him up, but sometimes when I have gone to do so he winces or tenses up before I touch him. He is definitely startles easily. Of course he may be nervous given all that he has been through (and his unknown prior living situation), but I get the feeling that some of his nerves at least may stem from not seeing things that well. He is not bumping into walls or anything, but it seems like sometimes he cannot see some things that are close in front of him. 

He does not seem to be bothered by his neutering at all, but I am restricting his activity just in case (I've taken him for several very short relief walks outside but haven't let him walk very far out of concern for his stitches plus he would run miles if I let him - I carried him down the street and back to the park so he could potty on grass). 

He seems less anxious this afternoon (he has been happy and affectionate since I got him, but anxious nonetheless) .  A nice long walk and time sitting in the sun in the park this morning seemed to do wonders for Bo in terms of getting out some of his energy and calming him down.  Happily I have discovered that Bo is much better on a leash than I initially thought.  Today about halfway through a long walk he slowed down his frantic pace (somewhat), pulled less on the leash, and had less anxiety.  He is such a special little Boston, I adore him!  

Rita Weeks

Thank you again Rita for all that you are doing for this beautiful boy!

No comments: