UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tinsel, Roxy and Roxy's Babies

Hi all! So this morning I dropped off my fosters Roxy and Tinsel to be spayed. While I was there, I met Roxy's puppies! I also heard the rest of her sad story. 

She was dropped off at a kill sgelter in Georgia with 4 puppies. While she was in her kennel run, the dog next door scaled the dividing wall, and tragically, killed and ate one of her puppies. 

I heard this story a few weeks back from one of the Sanctuary volunteers, but I didnt realize this was my foster! So so sad. 

Her remaining 3 puppies are happy and healthy, and almost ready for adoption. They look nothing like her! 

Roxy has a great family lined up for her. They are a newly married couple, the Mrs and I actually used to wirk together at a Vet office many years ago. They have a nice new house, and plan to take Roxy to doggy day care at least twice a week, and to rhe dog park near their house regularly. They will be picking her up Friday to start their new life together :) im so excited. What a different life she will have now!

Ill send out an update later today after I pick Tinsel and Roxy up later today :) im nervous for Tinsel because she is an older gal, but I know she has to be tough to have survived everything she has been dealt so far.
(pictures - Roxy's puppies, Roxy, Tinsel and Tinsel)

Erin
PA

How great that the mom has a new home already!  Usually everyone wants the puppies and the mom has to wait.  Thanks Erin.




Ginny

No comments: