UA-45446743-1

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Happy Gotcha Day Elena















Hello,
Today is Elena's third anniversary with me and, as I have said since I adopted her, I can't imagine my life without her.  I picked her up from her foster mom, Elly, on August 13th, 2011, and by the time I got the first rest stop to fill up my gas tank, we had already bonded, and haven't spent a day apart since!  She is full of life!  She turned 11 this past June, but you never believe she's a day over 3 years old!  She is truly young in body and mind.  Mornings are her favorite time of day.  I get up for work during the week at 5 am, just early enough to spend some time playing fetch with her before getting ready for work.  Come Saturday and Sunday, she's up at 5 am, again, toy in her mouth, ready for a game of fetch!  She doesn't seems to understand that I like to sleep in a bit on the weekends!!!  She is never without at least five toys around her at all times, her favorite being her many Kong Wubbas. Elena always brings a smile to my face and is all smiles herself!  In fact, recently, Elena was honored by Bark Magazine's 2014 Summer Edition as a Smiling Dog!  I originally applied to adopt another dog, but as fate would have it, that dog was no longer available, and after some careful consideration of her temperament and my lifestyle, NEBTR suggested Elena.  Thank you, NEBTR, for choosing Elena for me.  We are a perfect match!!
Sincerely,
Krista & Elena Dooley

No comments: