UA-45446743-1

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Update on Popeye















Popeye's gotcha day will be in October.  I feel blessed to have him as part of my life.  I fell in love with Popeye when I saw him on NEBTR's website, but was worried about his special health needs (he had meningitis as a puppy and has neurological damage).  I am so glad I took a chance and opened my home and heart to this special little dog and have been stunned by his growth.  His wonderful foster mom's noted that he seemed to be getting stronger while they were caring for him, and he has continued to get stronger.  Popeye can now go on hour long walks in Valley Forge where he likes to hunt down frogs, sprints around the yard like a little maniac with his doggy sister Sophie, eats solid foods with no issues (and does a hilarious hopping dance while waiting for his meal), and is learning basic commands.  Popeye is a happy little guy who is my cuddle bug and brings a smile to my face every day.  Popeye's resiliency reminds me to never give up and make the most of each day.  Both my life, and Sophie's life, is happier and more full now that he is a part of it.  Thank you NEBTR for rescuing Popeye and bringing him into my life!      


Heather (& Popeye & Sophie)

No comments: