UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Please Don't Leave Me Here

Bonnie sent this to me today and I started reading it at work and had to leave my desk. Tears in my eyes as I write this, but I wanted to share - I wanted to share so you can see the incredible depth Bonnie has in her soul for these beautiful dogs and why she is so good and kind with her rescues....
 
 
 
I'm not quite sure how I ever arrived here but I'm here.
I once had such a wonderful life laying at my masters feet.


          PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE

How I loved our long walks together while you watched me
romp through the open fields. You tossed a stick and I proudly  brought it back to you.

I so remember those chilly nights lying by your feet feeling thewarmth from fireplace heat. Your gentle touch as you rubbed my head. As the fire dwindled I soon knew I would follow you to my special place beside your bed.
            
      ;        PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE

As time went by we aged you and I, we don't go quite so far on our walks these days. But never the less I still love your gentle caress and my special place by your bed.


                PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE

Soon you went away and I never saw you again. I patiently lie by my special place by your bed. I don't understand why you won't come back to me again. A nice man soon came me to take me away. In a soft voice he said sorry old timer I have to take you away.
                      ;  
                    PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE
 
As I lay on the cold hard floor my thoughts were only of you. Our wonderful walks seemed like just a memory. My eyes are cloudy  and I can't hear at all. Oh I miss the gentle touch of your hand. Oh I miss the gentle touch of your hand.


                    PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE

As I drift off to sleep I am once again taken back to all the places we've been. I am young again and so are you were doing once again all the things we used t o do. I chasing a stick and bringing it back to you. I feel once again the gentle touch of your hands.....the gentle touch of your 
hands. It's then that I realize we will never be apart again. I knew  you would not leave without me.... were together again.


Bonnie Towner

No comments: